Composition for GCSE Music, Tutoring in Hampshire, Portsmouth & Online
” I managed to get one mark off full marks in my AS composition grade, which I wouldn’t have been able to achieve without the support of Chris.” Ben
- 3 session online course
- COVID Safe
- Experienced teachers and composers
- Relaxed and approachable tutors
- Quick results for your child
Here at Igloo we have found that a very high percentage of students taking music at school struggle with composition for GCSE music. It can be tricky to make headway with the composition element of their course.
With a few short sessions we have been able to give the students direction, get them unstuck, and help them with questions they have about hitting the criteria for this assessment.
- avoid wasted time working on composition that does not meet criteria for assessment
- enable students to enjoy working on a good quality piece of work
- avoid frustration of not knowing what to do with their composition time in class
- get quick results, allowing students to move on
- get questions answered specific to the individual
- expert coaching from experienced tutors and composers
This is not instrument specific, so we can help with whatever instrument your child is using to compose for their GCSE.
This course is all delivered online, in 2 group sessions and 1 personal coaching session.
Composition For GCSE Music – 3 session online course
- Session 1 – November 11th 5.30pm-6.30pm (group session online) How to get unstuck, and addressing common problems in composing for GCSE.
- Session 2 – online personal coaching session – to be arranged at mutual convenience. Your composition and questions.
- Session 3 – November 25th 5.30-6.30pm (group session online) Hitting the assessment criteria with your composition.
Students can bring their own compositions or questions to their one-to-one session and get feedback and advice from the tutors.
With just a little input, students can avoid a great deal of frustration and spend their time working constructively on their compositions.
Please contact us if we can help or if you’d like to pay directly.
In order to be of the most help, we will ask a few questions before the course starts so please book in good time to allow us to get to know your child and get them set up with everything they’ll need.
Next course starts
- 11th November – book online here